The D Young & Co trade mark team has an impeccable track record, setting the standard in trade mark protection and enforcement.
We have been ranked top tier in our profession year on year for trade mark services in the UK and in all the major legal directories. We are extremely proud to have been awarded 'UK Trademark Attorney Firm of the Year' in the Global IP Awards, presented by WTR and IAM, in 2019 and ‘UK trade mark firm of the year’ by Managing IP (MIP) in 2017.
Our clients range from innovative sole traders to global brand leaders in a broad range of industries. Particular areas of expertise include fashion, sport, entertainment, engineering/construction, media, FMCG, food and drink, life sciences, pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, financial services and luxury goods.
Our trade mark attorneys and solicitors are extremely active both within the profession as well as in policy development. When not visiting clients, you will regularly find our attorneys speaking at European and international conferences. They present on law and practice developments at events including those organised by the Pharmaceutical Trade Marks Group (PTMG), the Institute of Trade Mark Attorneys (ITMA), the International Trademark Association (INTA), MARQUES, and the European Communities Trade Mark Association (ECTA).
Our team works on a wide range of contentious and non-contentious trade mark matters, including
- Conducting trade mark clearance searches
- Global trade mark filing and brand strategies
- Auditing trade mark portfolios
- Obtaining trade mark registrations worldwide
- Prosecuting trade mark opposition, invalidation and cancellation actions
- Conducting trade mark appeals
- Enforcing and defending trade mark rights (registered and unregistered)
- Providing trade mark infringement advice
- Due diligence
- Parallel imports and repackaging cases
- Passing off and comparative advertising
- Litigation in UK and EU courts
- Arbitration and mediation
- Coordinating and leading multinational disputes around the world
We have prepared a client update on UK, EU and German trade marks which will also cover Brexit. If you would like a personalised presentation for you and your business, please do let us know. Contact your usual trade mark adviser for further information or email us at email@example.com.Read our IP & Brexit guide
An introduction to CITMA
Our trade mark attorneys are qualified Chartered Trade Mark Attorneys. Find out more about the Chartered Institute of Trade Mark Attorneys (CITMA) and finding a trade mark representative (video).About CITMA