I am a trade mark and design attorney and I specialise in portfolio handling, clearance, prosecution and contentious matters. One of the most rewarding aspects of my job is developing longstanding and trusting relationships with world famous brands. Dealing with various worldwide portfolios enables me to make a real tangible difference to businesses. Many of my clients see me as a trusted advisor and an extension to their in-house teams, which is very rewarding.
Having joined D Young & Co in 2006 I became a partner in 2018. I have a great deal of experience in negotiating the settlement of trade mark disputes on a national and worldwide basis, and represent clients in inter partes proceedings before the UK Intellectual Property Office (UKIPO). I am also experienced in the filing and prosecution of designs for a wide variety of clients.
I work with diverse clients of all shapes and sizes from start-ups to SMEs and multinational corporations and in various sectors including luxury goods, electronics, cosmetics and fashion goods through to music and entertainment services and real estate.
I’m a member of the Designs and Copyright and Representation Advisory and Working Groups and Committees for the Chartered Institute of Trade Mark Attorneys (CITMA). I’m also a member of the CITMA AI & Technology Task-Force. I regularly write articles for internal and external publications and have been a speaker at conferences and exhibitions on trade marks, brand protection and designs.
- Ranked as a "bronze" expert for trade mark prosecution and strategy in the World Trademark Review 1000 (WTR 1000) 2023.
- LLB Law and Marketing Degree.
- LLM Masters Degree in Intellectual Property.
- Advanced Trade Mark Law, Queen Mary, University of London.
- Professional Certificate in Trade Mark Law, Nottingham Trent University.
- Trade Mark Attorney Litigator 2013.
- Chartered Trade Mark Attorney 2012.
- Chartered Institute of Trade Mark Attorneys (CITMA).
- International Trade Mark Association (INTA).
- European Communities Trade Mark Association (ECTA).