I joined D Young & Co in 2006 and became a Partner in 2018. I’m a trade mark and design attorney with experience of acting before both the UKIPO and EUIPO. My main areas of expertise are trade marks and designs and I enjoy developing longstanding and trusting relationships with clients.
My practice involves portfolio handling, clearance, prosecution and contentious matters for a wide variety of clients. I have a great deal of experience in negotiating the settlement of trade mark disputes on a local and worldwide basis and represent clients in inter partes proceedings before the UK Intellectual Property Office (UKIPO). I’m also experienced in the filing and prosecution of designs.
I enjoy the wide variety of work that I am handling, as no two days are the same. One of the most interesting aspects of the job is managing global portfolios for clients of various sizes from start-ups to multinational corporations and in various sectors including retail, luxury goods, electronics, music and entertainment, cosmetics and real estate.
I’m a member of the Designs and Copyright Committee for the Chartered Institute of Trade Mark Attorneys (CITMA). I regularly write articles for internal and external publications and speak at conferences and exhibitions on trade marks, brand protection and designs.
- LLB Law and Marketing Degree.
- LLM Masters Degree in Intellectual Property.
- Advanced Trade Mark Law, Queen Mary, University of London.
- Professional Certificate in Trade Mark Law, Nottingham Trent University.
- Trade Mark Attorney Litigator 2013.
- Chartered Trade Mark Attorney 2012.
- Chartered Institute of Trade Mark Attorneys (CITMA).
- International Trade Mark Association (INTA).
- European Communities Trade Mark Association (ECTA).