We are committed to supporting, promoting, and celebrating equality, diversity, and inclusion within our firm and in the IP profession.
D Young & Co is an equal opportunities employer. Our Equality, Diversity & Inclusion Policy applies to all employees and partners, as well as other individuals performing functions in relation to the firm such as agency workers and contractors. We are committed to the implementation and maintenance of employment and general working practices that ensure no member of staff or partner is treated less favourably on the grounds of sex, marital status (including Civil Partner), sexual orientation, age, disability, race, gender reassignment, religion or belief.
We also have an anti-bullying and anti-harassment policy that provides our staff and partners with guidance on treating everyone with dignity and respect. We endeavour to make reasonable adjustments where appropriate to ensure there is a level playing field for all.
Our Equality, Diversity and Inclusion officer is partner Dr Zöe Clyde-Watson.
“I am delighted to be involved in the IP Inclusive Senior Leaders’ Think Tank and have signed the IP Inclusive “Leaders' Pledge” to demonstrate my personal commitment to improving diversity and inclusion (D&I) in our firm. The pledge is a commitment entered into by individuals rather than organisations and includes eight high-level commitments:
1. Provide visible and proactive leadership to improve D&I in my organisation.
2. Take D&I seriously at the highest level.
3. Embed and value D&I throughout the organisational culture.
4. Build trust and safe spaces throughout the organisation.
5. Educate myself and my colleagues about D&I issues.
6. Share my privileges.
7. Insist on equity.
8. Work closely with HR and/or management colleagues to achieve this.
You can view my pledge in full here (pdf)."
Dr Zöe Clyde-Watson
Partner, Patent Attorney
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Officer
Initiatives & Events
We take an active role in equality, diversity and inclusion (EDI) related social, networking, training and awareness-raising events and initiatives.Read more
D Young & Co is proud to celebrate the achievements of a number of historical and current figures in science, technology and design. The following series of articles investigates the inspirational people behind some well-known innovations, shedding a light on some of the challenges they have faced.Read more
We seek to cast our recruitment net as wide as possible and recognise that fostering a professional working environment that is rich in diversity and free from discrimination is the key to creativity and productivity.Read more
- Missing elements – racial and ethnic inequalities in the chemical sciences, 27 April 2022, Zöe Clyde-Watson.
- IPO issues white paper on “Diversity in the European Innovation Industry and IP Profession”, 27 April 2022, Jennifer O'Farrell.