Strategic brand management encompasses the creation, protection and enforcement of your brand, from your house mark (eg, company name and logo) and any secondary marks; to your sub brands, regional brands and shorter-duration assets such as slogans and campaign content.
At D Young & Co we provide strategic brand advice to clients ranging from innovative sole traders to global brand leaders in a broad range of industries and on a national and international platform. That advice is most often given in the context of an all-embracing IP strategy which comprises copyright, domain names, trade marks, patents and other IP rights.
Particular areas of expertise include fashion, sport, entertainment, engineering/construction, media, FMCG, food and drink, life sciences, pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, financial services and luxury goods.
Above all, it is important to us to gain an in-depth understanding of your business objectives, and to work collaboratively with you in order to plan well, spend less, and bring about effective, enduring and enforceable brand protection.
- Brand and trade mark clearance searches, including "knock out searches"
- Brand protection audits and mapping (including reviewing, consolidating and improving brand portfolios)
- Brand watching services
- Registering trade marks and domain names, and related IP rights
- Advising on brand guidelines and use for effective trade mark use and enforcement
- Online enforcement (including challenges to unauthorised domain names)
- Licensing and agreements
- Devising global trade mark filing and brand strategies
- Obtaining trade mark registrations worldwide (including advising on procedure and selecting a suitable mark)
- Brand-related due diligence
- Dispute and infringement-related services (including enforcing and defending trade mark rights)
Create & Protect
Read more about our trade mark and brand creation and protection servicesTrade Marks & Brands