I specialise in brand-related law and litigation, with a particular focus on trade marks and designs, and am privileged to work with and protect some of the world’s most famous brands. I relish working alongside colleagues and clients who are at the top of their game in terms of technical excellence and commercial awareness.
I became a partner at D Young & Co in 2013. Over the years, I’ve represented both small and multi-national clients from a variety of industries, providing a full-service offering: from the development and clearance of new brands, to registration strategy, oppositions, use and exploitation in the marketplace and ultimately enforcement, all on a worldwide basis. I also have a wealth of expertise in trade mark portfolio management.
I’ve advised clients on ASA complaints, UDRP proceedings relating to domain names and disputes before the EUIPO, the Court of Justice of the European Union, the UKIPO and the English High Court. I also provide guidance on design and copyright issues.
I’m a member of the Unfair Competition Team for MARQUES – the European association representing the interests of trade mark owners.
- BA in Literae Humaniores (Classics), Worcester College, University of Oxford 1999.
- Solicitor of the Senior Courts of England & Wales 2004.
- Postgraduate Diploma in Intellectual Property Law & Practice, University of Bristol 2004.
- Admitted as a solicitor, Ireland 2016.
- Law Society of England & Wales.
- Law Society of Ireland.
- International Trade Mark Association (INTA).
- MARQUES Association.
- Chartered Institute of Trade Mark Attorneys (CITMA).