Top ranking for D Young & Co in The Legal 500 UK 2023
D Young & Co has once again been ranked as top tier for UK patent and trade mark services by the Legal 500.
We would like to thank our clients and peers who participated in the Legal 500’s research. Client testimonials include the following comments:
- "The D Young team provides a high level of service, based on professionalism, attention to the client’s needs, punctuality and precision in providing support and great availability to take on new cases."
- "It truly is a team at D Young! All of them are engaged, very knowledgeable both in legal and scientific matters, good communicators and collaborate closely, within the D Young team and also with us as their clients. To us it feels they are just an extended part of our team and this is what I value most."
- "Wide international experience, capable of advising not just in our areas of specialisation, but in areas adjacent that may be impacted. Their action management is superb."
- "The team, as a whole, are exceptionally good at devising and executing arguments. In all the hearings, they have achieved the best results as expected."
- "The team is extremely speedy, to the point and business oriented, while at the same time maintaining high quality in all aspects of its service delivery."
- "The team is not only very experienced in Intellectual Property and trade marks, but understands our business well and provides excellent advice and guidance in respect of the defence of our very well known and respected mark."
PATMA: PATENT ATTORNEYS TIER 1
D Young & Co LLP has a strong reputation in EPO patent prosecutions, resulting in an ever-increasing caseload of filed EPO patent applications, and is entrusted by multinational companies, top universities and research institutions. The practice, which is praised for its ‘high level of service, based on professionalism, attention to the client’s needs, punctuality and precision in providing support and great availability to take on new cases’, has a track record in EPO opposition and appeal proceedings.
The electronics and engineering group and the biotechnology, chemistry and pharmaceuticals team are both well-placed to collaborate with one another on cross-disciplinary matters, particularly in the field of medical technology.
PATMA: TRADE MARK ATTORNEYS TIER 1
D Young & Co LLP covers a broad range of industry sectors, including the food and beverage, hospitality, electronics and entertainment industries, in addition to the consumer goods and fashion sectors, where the practice has seen a growth in enforcement proceedings in these arenas, on account of the increase in online counterfeiting.
The team, which houses both attorneys and solicitors, continues to be regularly instructed before the UKIPO and has demonstrable experience at the EUIPO, as well as handling an ever-increasing number of opposition proceedings in Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
The UK practice, which is jointly led by Southampton-based Jeremy Pennant and Tamsin Holman, who operates from the firm’s London office, frequently collaborates with the Munich office to provide a seamless service to its roster of clients, which has resulted in a growth of contentious registry work and litigation.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY: TRADE MARKS, COPYRIGHT AND DESIGN TIER 4
Working in tandem with the firm’s PATMA practice, D Young & Co LLP‘s IP solicitors cover a broad range of sectors, routinely handling complex, multi-jurisdictional trade mark disputes before the UK and EU Courts.
The ‘extremely speedy, to-the-point and business-oriented’ team is co-led by Tamsin Holman and Jeremy Pennant and is strong in the hospitality, cosmetics, social media, retail, and food and beverage sectors. Anna Reid is a key contact within the team for contentious matters and is prolific in IPEC cases, while Gemma Kirkland is praised by clients for her ‘expert support and guidance’ in relation to brand protection work.
The Legal 500 UK 2023
Link to view the full Legal 500 UK 2023 entry for D Young & Co LLP.Read more