At D Young & Co, no two days are ever the same. I work across a broad range of technology and my responsibilities are as varied as my clients, encompassing drafting, prosecution, opinion work and oppositions.
Before I joined D Young & Co in 2012, I completed a doctorate on “Experimental Studies of Graphene & Carbon Nanotube Structures for Nanoelectronic Applications” at the University of Oxford.
Before this, I studied for a master’s degree, where I specialised in both particle and condensed matter physics. This taught me the underlying physics of key technologies in today’s high-tech sector, including semiconductors, lasers, photovoltaics and detection techniques. I enjoy transferring this technical knowledge into my work, and ensuring clients get the best possible representation.
I represent clients across a range of sectors, including electronics, engineering and IT, as well as consumer goods, business & finance, oil & gas and medical technology. As well as supporting our clients, I love working with – and learning from – many of the best patent attorneys in the country.
- MPhys in Physics, Magdalen College, University of Oxford.
- DPhil in Physics, Magdalen College, University of Oxford.
- Science Innovation Plus, Saïd Business School, University of Oxford.
- Certificate in Intellectual Property Law, Queen Mary, University of London.
- Certificate in IP litigation.
- Chartered Patent Attorney 2016.
- European Patent Attorney 2016.
- European Design Attorney.
- Chartered Institute of Patent Attorneys (CIPA).
- European Patent Institute (epi).
- Member of the Institute of Physics (IoP).
- Alexander-Webber JA, Baker AMR et al., "Phase Space for the Breakdown of the Quantum Hall Effect in Epitaxial Graphene", Phys. Rev. Lett., 111, 096601 (2013).
- Stranks SD, Baker AMR et al., "Production of High-Purity Single-Chirality Carbon Nanotube Hybrids by Selective Polymer Exchange", Small, 9, 2245 (2013).
- Baker AMR et al., "Energy loss rates of hot Dirac fermions in epitaxial, exfoliated, and CVD graphene", Phys. Rev. B, 87, 045414 (2013).
- Baker AMR et al., "Weak localization scattering lengths in epitaxial, and CVD graphene", Phys. Rev. B, 86, 235441 (2012).
- Alexander-Webber JA, Baker AMR et al., "High-current breakdown of the quantum Hall effect and electron heating in InSb/AlInSb", Phys. Rev. B, 86, 045404 (2012).
- Baker AMR et al., "Energy relaxation for hot Dirac fermions in graphene and breakdown of the quantum Hall effect", Phys. Rev. B, 85, 115403 (2012).
- Chuang KC, Baker AMR et al., "Magnetoabsorption study of Landau levels in graphite", Phys. Rev. B, 80, 161410(R) (2009).