I joined D Young & Co in 2012, having previously completed a Doctorate in Condensed Matter Physics at the University of Oxford. I enjoy working across a broad range of technology and have a particular specialism in computer-implemented inventions and other inventions at the edges of patentability.
My academic career has given me a strong background across a broad range of key technologies in today’s high-tech sector, including semiconductors, lasers, photovoltaics and detection techniques.
At D Young & Co, I have successfully represented clients patenting inventions ranging from network routers to implantable medical devices. My main areas of expertise lying in computer software, telecommunications, computing architectures, additive manufacturing, business & finance, gaming and medical technologies.
I have a great deal of experience in assisting my clients in drafting and prosecuting patents, as well as providing opinions and representing my clients at oral proceedings in front of the European Patent Office (EPO) and the United Kingdom Intellectual Property Office (UKIPO).
- MPhys in Physics, Magdalen College, University of Oxford.
- DPhil in Physics, Magdalen College, University of Oxford.
- Science Innovation Plus, Saïd Business School, University of Oxford.
- Certificate in Intellectual Property Law, Queen Mary, University of London.
- Certificate in IP litigation.
- Chartered Patent Attorney 2016.
- European Patent Attorney 2016.
- European Design Attorney.
- Chartered Institute of Patent Attorneys (CIPA).
- European Patent Institute (epi).
- Member of the Institute of Physics (IoP).
- Alexander-Webber JA, Baker AMR et al., "Phase Space for the Breakdown of the Quantum Hall Effect in Epitaxial Graphene", Phys. Rev. Lett., 111, 096601 (2013).
- Stranks SD, Baker AMR et al., "Production of High-Purity Single-Chirality Carbon Nanotube Hybrids by Selective Polymer Exchange", Small, 9, 2245 (2013).
- Baker AMR et al., "Energy loss rates of hot Dirac fermions in epitaxial, exfoliated, and CVD graphene", Phys. Rev. B, 87, 045414 (2013).
- Baker AMR et al., "Weak localization scattering lengths in epitaxial, and CVD graphene", Phys. Rev. B, 86, 235441 (2012).
- Alexander-Webber JA, Baker AMR et al., "High-current breakdown of the quantum Hall effect and electron heating in InSb/AlInSb", Phys. Rev. B, 86, 045404 (2012).
- Baker AMR et al., "Energy relaxation for hot Dirac fermions in graphene and breakdown of the quantum Hall effect", Phys. Rev. B, 85, 115403 (2012).
- Chuang KC, Baker AMR et al., "Magnetoabsorption study of Landau levels in graphite", Phys. Rev. B, 80, 161410(R) (2009).