I joined D Young & Co as a partner in 2022, having started in the profession back in 2010. I am a UK and European Patent Attorney with experience supporting a diverse portfolio of clients in mechanical fields, and I thrive on the varied work and challenges this brings – no two days are the same!
One of the most rewarding aspects of my job is developing trusting relationships with clients - several of the clients I have worked with have considered me to be a core part of their advisor team, which I find very fulfilling.
I represent clients before the European Patent Office (EPO) and the United Kingdom Intellectual Property Office (UKIPO) in prosecution, opposition and appeal proceedings.
I have notable experience in 3D printing, agricultural systems, digital watermarking, medical devices, robotics, sputtering targets, VR systems and wearables. I also have experience in and am passionate about supporting sustainable technologies such as recyclable packaging and renewables - including heat pumps and solar-powered steam generators.
- Awarded the Crown Europe and Industrial Group Project Prizes for Mechanical Engineering, University of Bristol.
- MEng in Mechanical Engineering, University of Bristol.
- Certificate in IP Litigation.
- European Patent Attorney 2014.
- Chartered Patent Attorney 2014.
- Chartered Institute of Patent Attorneys (CIPA).
- European Patent Institute (epi).