With nearly 15 years’ experience in private practice, it’s great to be part of such a dedicated, expert team. I focus on chemical and biochemical subject matter, and get great satisfaction from helping my clients protect and launch exciting new products.
As my practice has evolved, I’ve gained extensive experience and a broad client base, from individual inventors through to multinationals. I especially enjoy working on the wide range of cases this brings, including patent drafting and prosecution, as well as European Patent Office opposition and appeal proceedings.
My expertise covers a range of chemical and biochemical subject matter, in particular, engine oils, lubricants, petrol additives, ink technology, food chemistry, nutrition, oral and personal care products, polymer chemistry, analytical chemistry (particularly mass spectrometry), proteomics, protein chemistry, pharmaceuticals, medical devices and diagnostics.
I have signed the IP Inclusive Senior Leaders' Pledge to demonstrate my personal commitment to improving diversity and inclusion (D&I) in our firm.
- MChem in Chemistry, University of Oxford.
- PhD in Mass Spectrometry and Protein Chemistry, University of Cambridge.
- Research to characterise protein complexes in the gas phase. Research part-funded by GSK.
- Certificate in Intellectual Property Law, Queen Mary, University of London.
- Certificate in IP Litigation.
- European Patent Attorney 2009.
- Chartered Patent Attorney 2011.
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Patent Attorneys (CIPA).
- European Patent Institute (epi).
- CIPA Diversity and Inclusion Committee.