I joined D Young & Co in 2018, having first started in the profession back in 2010. I am a European Design Attorney and a UK and European Patent Attorney, with particular experience in registered design matters.
In relation to design matters, I have considerable experience in registering designs both in the UK via the UKIPO and across the EU via the EUIPO, and am well-versed in protecting the design of products, games, user-interfaces, and brands via the use of registered design rights in territories all over the world.
From the patent perspective, alongside my experience in prosecuting patent applications at the UKIPO, EPO, and other patent offices, I have a wealth of experience in patent searching and drafting. I specialise in subject matter relating to consumer devices, and also inventions relating to mechanical and automotive engineering.
I am pleased to feature as a Lexology Legal Influencer for IP in the UK, Q1 2020.
- BEng Mechanical Engineering, University College London (UCL).
- Certificate in Intellectual Property Law, Queen Mary, University of London.
- Certificate in Trademark Law and Practice: Trade Mark B Module, Queen Mary, University of London.
- Certificate in IP Litigation.
- European Design Attorney.
- European Patent Attorney.
- Chartered Patent Attorney.
- Chartered Institute of Patent Attorneys (CIPA).
- Chartered Institute of Trade Mark Attorneys (CITMA).
- Expert member of the Design Business Association (DBA).
- European Patent Institute (epi).
- Awarded "Lexology Legal Influencer" Q1 2020.
- Contributor to The CITMA & CIPA Community Designs Handbook.