I joined D Young & Co in 2018, having first started in the profession back in 2010. I am a UK and European Patent Attorney, with particular experience in design matters.
In relation to design matters, I have considerable experience in registering designs both in the UK via the UKIPO and across the EU via the EUIPO, and am well-versed in protecting the design of products, games, user-interfaces, and brands via the use of registered design rights in territories all over the world. I am also a member of the CIPA Design & Copyright Committee.
From the patent perspective, alongside my experience in prosecuting patent applications at the UKIPO, EPO, and other patent offices, I have a wealth of experience in patent searching and drafting. I specialise in subject matter relating to consumer devices, and also inventions relating to mechanical and automotive engineering.
- Managing IP IPSTARS patent Rising Star 2022.
- Lexology Legal Influencer for IP in the UK, in Q1 2020 and Q4 2021.
- BEng Mechanical Engineering, University College London (UCL).
- Certificate in Intellectual Property Law, Queen Mary, University of London.
- Certificate in Trademark Law and Practice: Trade Mark B Module, Queen Mary, University of London.
- Certificate in IP Litigation.
- European Patent Attorney.
- Chartered Patent Attorney.
- Chartered Institute of Patent Attorneys (CIPA).
- Chartered Institute of Trade Mark Attorneys (CITMA).
- Expert member of the Design Business Association (DBA).
- European Patent Institute (epi).
- CIPA Design & Copyright Committee.
- Intellectual Property Owner (IPO) Association - Industrial Designs Committee.
- Awarded "Lexology Legal Influencer" Q1 2020.
- Contributor to The CITMA & CIPA Community Designs Handbook.