I joined the D Young & Co biotechnology, chemistry and pharmaceuticals patent team in 2015. My background is in biochemistry and I relish the opportunity to work on exciting new technologies and developments in a number of fields in this area.
Before starting at the firm, I’d worked in private practice for eight years. Since then, my client base has expanded alongside my expertise. I’m particularly passionate about matters around molecular biology, genetics and genetic engineering, immunology, including the field of immuno-oncology, and biochemistry.
I’ve worked with a diverse range of clients of all sizes, from single inventors, SMEs and academic spin-outs, to large multinationals. My practice includes drafting, prosecution and opposition work, as well as all aspects of coordinating filing and prosecuting patent portfolios in many different jurisdictions.
- MBiochem, Merton College, University of Oxford 2001.
- DPhil, Green College, University of Oxford 2005.
- Certificate in IP Litigation.
- European Patent Attorney 2010.
- Chartered Patent Attorney 2013.
- Chartered Institute of Patent Attorneys (CIPA).
- European Patent Institute (epi).