The best part of my job is being able to have a real impact on our clients’ futures. Being a German patent attorney, I especially enjoy working in D Young & Co’s international and diverse atmosphere.
I’ve been a partner at D Young & Co since 2017. Before I joined, I worked in-house for the Infineon Technologies Intellectual Property Department and in private practice. My main areas of expertise are in automotive engineering, computer-implemented inventions, medical technology, microprocessor engineering, semiconductors and telecommunications. I have significant experience in handling complex legal issues regarding existing patent portfolios, including re-establishment of rights in various jurisdictions.
Most of my work is for large and medium-sized corporate clients from the UK, US and mainland Europe, particularly in the area of preparation and prosecution of patent applications. As a German patent attorney, I also advise on German intellectual property rights.
- BEng (Hons) in Electronic Engineering, University of Central Lancashire 1992.
- Qualified Engineer in Telecommunications and Microprocessor Engineering, University of Applied Sciences 1993.
- PhD in Electronic Engineering, University of Central Lancashire 1997.
- Chartered Engineer (CEng) 2001.
- European Engineer (Eur Ing) 2002.
- European Patent Attorney 2005.
- Law for German Patent Attorneys, FernUniversitaet 2008.
- German Patent Attorney 2009.
- European Trade Mark and Design Attorney 2009.
- Diploma in Patent Litigation in Europe, Université de Strasbourg 2013.
- Introduction to English Law, London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE) 2014.
- Chartered Patent Attorney 2015.
- Basic Litigation Skills Certificate, CPD Training (UK) Ltd 2016.
- Chartered Institute of Patent Attorneys (CIPA).
- European Patent Institute (epi).
- German Patent Attorneys Association.
- International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (AIPPI).
- Engineering Council (EC UK).
- European Patent Litigators Association (EPLIT).
- European Federation of National Engineering Associations (FEANI).
- International Federation of Industrial Property Attorneys (FICPI).
- German Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (GRUR).
- The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Incorporated (IEEE).
- Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET).
- Association of Intellectual Property Experts (VPP).