I’ve been a partner at D Young & Co since 2001. My background is in biochemistry and pharmacology and I have over 20 years’ experience in patents having worked both in industry and private practice. I enjoy the analysis of a client’s position and applying legal and technical knowledge to enhance their chances of achieving their desired outcome.
My portfolio has steadily evolved and is now focused on EPO oppositions and appeals, the provision of validity and infringement opinions, due diligence and litigation support – all in the field of pharmaceuticals. Alongside this, I still enjoy advising small pharmaceutical companies in portfolio development and strategy, particularly in conjunction with due diligence for funding and stock market flotations.
I’ve been successful in many oppositions and appeals in the pharmaceutical area – mainly acting for Teva Pharmaceuticals Ltd. on patents concerning the second medical use of approved drugs, formulations, polymorphs and synthetic processes. These cases have often been linked to litigation in EU member states. I’ve also advised other pharmaceutical clients completing IP due diligence for mergers, project acquisitions and flotations.
- BSc in Pharmacology, Kings College, University of London.
- Certificate in Intellectual Property Law, Queen Mary, University of London.
- Patent Attorney Litigator.
- Chartered Patent Attorney 1996.
- European Patent Attorney 1996.
- European Design Attorney.
- Chartered Institute of Patent Attorneys (CIPA).
- European Patent Institute (epi).