My work is as diverse as it is rewarding. By supporting clients from the outset at the strategic stage, right through to drafting, prosecution and enforcement, I feel like I’m a key part of their business.
Before joining D Young & Co in 2006, I spent time in industry with Interbrew UK, assisting in the maintenance and development of large scale in-place-cleaning systems, as well as in the control of microbiological contaminants through the use of micro-filtration systems.
That industrial focus has continued at D Young & Co where I work closely with applicants in the fields of polymers, small molecules, drug delivery, and inorganic binders. I provide on the ground advice to clients regarding their IP strategy, portfolio management and competitor intelligence. It’s really exciting to work alongside and represent such innovative minds, and to help protect their solutions, and ultimately their business.
- BSc (Hons) Chemistry with Industrial Experience, University of Cardiff.
- Awarded the Lions Laboratories Prize for Chemistry, University of Cardiff.
- MSc in Intellectual Property, Queen Mary, University of London.
- Awarded the GlaxoSmithKline prize for patents, Queen Mary, University of London.
- European Patent Attorney 2009.
- Chartered Patent Attorney 2009.
- Chartered Institute of Patent Attorneys (CIPA).
- European Patent Institute (epi).
- “How Much Is Enough? An exploration of the interplay between scientific data and patentability”, McConchie C., Harding C., World Intellectual Property Review, November/ December 2008.