In my job, every day is different. My background is in physics, electronics and computing, so I’m always seeing new innovations and interacting with expert engineers.
My client base is diverse, ranging from start-ups and SMEs to universities and tech giants. I’ve been working for ARM for over ten years now, drafting patent applications and managing the prosecution of applications around the world.
I’ve been at D Young & Co for ten years and I appreciate its supportive team environment. Over that time, I’ve massively expanded my experience and client base. Besides drafting hundreds of complex patent applications, I’ve also worked as a tutor on external training courses for candidates sitting the legal practice exams.
- MPhys in Physics, University of York 2007.
- Oliver Heavens prize for physics, University of York.
- Goodwin prize for research work on magnetoresistive materials, University of York.
- Certificate in Intellectual Property Law, Queen Mary, University of London.
- GlaxoSmithKline prize for patents, Queen Mary, University of London.
- Chartered Patent Attorney 2010.
- European Patent Attorney 2011.
- Chartered Institute of Patent Attorneys (CIPA).
- European Patent Institute (epi).
- R.T Mennicke, R. Berryman et al, "Detection of an Infrared Magnetorefractive Effect from a Layered Fe/Mgo/Fe Magnetic Tunnel Junction", IEEE Transactions on Magnetics Vol. 44, No. 11 (2008), 2566-2568.