I joined the D Young & Co patent team as a technical assistant in 2015 and have a strong background in mechanical engineering. I enjoy working with clients to obtain the best possible scope of protection for their inventions. My main areas of expertise include aerospace and automotive engineering, mechanical systems and medical devices.
I have experience in the prosecution and drafting of UK and European patent applications for a large range of technologies and for a variety of clients, including multinational companies, SMEs and individual inventors. I also have experience in carrying out freedom to operate analyses.
During my Integrated Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering at Durham University, I worked on a research project which involved investigating reducing mixing losses caused by leakage flows in steam turbines.
- MEng General Engineering specialising in Mechanical Engineering, Durham University 2015.
- Certificate in Intellectual Property Law, Queen Mary, University of London 2017.
- Patent Attorney 2019.
- European Patent Attorney 2019.
- Certificate in IP litigation.
- Registered representative before the Unified Patent Court (UPC) 2023.
- Chartered Institute of Patent Attorneys (CIPA).
- European Patent Institute (epi).