IP Cases & Articles
UP & UPC: Major milestones remain unchanged
Despite the postponement of the UPC Sunrise Period to 01 March 2023, all other major milestones of the official UPC roadmap remain unchanged.
During January 2023 the following milestones were met:
- Advanced preparatory training for UPC appointed judges was launched in Budapest, with the participation of the legally and technically qualified judges of the court. The training aimed to facilitate an in-depth understanding of the Rules of Procedure of the UPC.
- Mr Alexander Ramsay (SE) was appointed as Registrar and Mr Axel Jacobi (DE) as Deputy-Registrar of the UPC.
- The UPC has invited external users to practice the CMS sunrise functionalities. D Young & Co is actively participating in this test phase of the CMS test environment. The test environment is a copy of the CMS production environment that will be launched when the Sunrise period starts.
UP & UPC resources
Our frequently updated UP & UPC resources, including articles, webinars and guides, are available on demand:
- Introduction to the UP & UPC
- UPC opt out
- UP & UPC - jurisdiction
- Unitary patent v European patent validation
- UPC: representation and judges
- UPC: structure, language and where to start a case