I joined the D Young & Co patent team in 2014 and have technical expertise in the physical, chemical and biomedical sciences. I enjoy the challenge of my role as it requires an in-depth understanding of the technology involved and also the ability to formulate complex legal arguments.
Since joining the profession I have gained experience in drafting and prosecution of UK, European and foreign patent applications in the chemical field for a variety of clients, including multinational companies, SMEs and academic institutions. I also have experience in opposition and appeal proceedings before the European Patent Office.
For my master's project in the physical and theoretical chemistry department at the University of Oxford, I investigated novel applications of velocity-map imaging using a fast imaging sensor. For my thesis I was awarded a departmental thesis prize and the Jesus College Ferdinand Prize.
- MChem in Chemistry, University of Oxford.
- Certificate in Intellectual Property Law, Queen Mary, University of London.
- Chartered Patent Attorney 2017.
- European Patent Attorney 2017.
- Chartered Institute of Patent Attorneys (CIPA).
- European Patent Institute (epi).
- C.S. Slater, S. Blake, M. Brouard, A. Lauer, C. Vallance, J.J. John, R. Turchetta, A. Nomerotski, L. Christensen, J.H. Nielsen, M.P. Johansson, and H. Stapelfeldt, Covariance imaging experiment using a Pixel Imaging Mass Spectrometry Camera, Phys. Rev. A, 89, 011401(R) (2014).