I’m a Chartered and European trade mark attorney and European design attorney and I joined D Young & Co in 2006. My main areas of expertise are trade marks and designs and I enjoy building longstanding and trusting relationships with clients.
My practice involves portfolio handling, clearance, prosecution and contentious matters for a wide variety of clients. I have a great deal of experience in negotiating the settlement of trade mark disputes on a local and worldwide basis and have represented clients in inter partes proceedings before the UK Intellectual Property Office (UKIPO). I’m also experienced in the filing and prosecution of designs.
I enjoy the wide variety of work that I am handling, as no two days are the same. One of the most interesting aspects of the job is managing global portfolios for clients in various sectors – including retail and luxury goods.
I’m a member of the Publications and Communications Committee for the Chartered Institute of Trade Mark Attorneys (CITMA). I regularly write articles for internal and external publications and speak at conferences and exhibitions on trade marks, brand protection and designs.
- LLB Law and Marketing Degree.
- LLM Masters Degree in Intellectual Property.
- Advanced Trade Mark Law, Queen Mary, University of London.
- Professional Certificate in Trade Mark Law, Nottingham Trent University.
- Trade Mark & Design Litigator.
- Chartered Trade Mark Attorney.
- European Trade Mark Attorney.
- European Design Attorney.
- Chartered Institute of Trade Mark Attorneys (CITMA).
- International Trade Mark Association (INTA).
- European Communities Trade Mark Association (ECTA).