I joined D Young & Co in 2017 and have a strong technical background in biochemistry. I enjoy applying my scientific knowledge and formulating complex legal arguments whilst working at the forefront of technology in the patents field.
Since joining the firm I have gained experience in the prosecution of UK, European and foreign patent applications for a variety of clients, including multinational companies, SMEs and academic institutions.
Prior to joining D Young & Co, I completed my PhD in the molecular and cellular basis of infection at Imperial College London. My research involved determining the effects of treating M. marinum infection of zebrafish with an antimicrobial peptide using a variety of techniques including fluorescence imaging, tissue culture and qRT-PCR – gene expression profiling.
- MBiochem Molecular and Cellular Biochemistry, Merton College, University of Oxford, 2011.
- MRes The Molecular and Cellular Basis of Infection, Imperial College London, 2012.
- PhD, The Molecular and Cellular Basis of Infection, Imperial College London, 2017.
- Certificate in Intellectual Property Law, Queen Mary, University of London.
- Chartered Patent Attorney 2021.
- European Patent Attorney 2021.
- Certificate in IP litigation.
- Chartered Institute of Patent Attorneys (CIPA).
- European Patent Institute (epi).