I joined the biotechnology, chemistry & pharmaceutical team at D Young & Co in 2017 and have enjoyed applying my technical background in biophysical chemistry to patent law across a wide range of chemical and biological technologies.
With D Young & Co I have gained experience in broad areas of patent law, including drafting, prosecution, oppositions and validity opinions. This has included technologies in a diverse range of fields including molecular biology, biotechnology, biochemistry, food technology, diagnostics and therapeutics.
Prior to joining the firm, I undertook doctoral research in medical imaging at the University of Birmingham. My research involved ‘barcoding’ DNA for visualisation and rapid identification. The aim was to use the DNA barcodes much like barcodes are used in everyday life, to rapidly identify infections such as MRSA, and to allow appropriate treatment.
- MSci in Natural Sciences, Girton College, University of Cambridge, 2013.
- MSc in Physical Sciences of Imaging in the Biomedical Sciences, University of Birmingham, 2014.
- PhD in Chemistry, University of Birmingham, 2018.
- Certificate in Intellectual Property Law, Queen Mary, University of London.
- Chartered Patent Attorney 2021.
- European Patent Attorney 2021.
- Chartered Institute of Patent Attorneys (CIPA).
- European Patent Institute (epi).
- Wand, N.O. et al. (2019) DNA barcodes for rapid, whole genome, single-molecule analyses. Nucleic Acids Research gkz212.
- Lauer, M.H. et al. (2017) Methyltransferase-directed covalent coupling of fluorophores to DNA. Chemical Science 8: 3804-3811.