I joined D Young & Co in 2021 and specialise in physics and software-based inventions. I find this diverse technology area extremely rewarding to work in and particularly enjoy analysing inventions to understand the essential elements they bring to the table.
Before joining the firm, I gained professional experience in private practice and law firm environments in London. My practice includes drafting, prosecution, opposition, appeal, and freedom-to-operate and validity work. I also assist clients with invention harvesting, patentability advice and filing strategies, and I have expertise in dealing with software inventions at the boundary of patentability.
I have experience in a range of technology areas including user interface technology, text prediction, artificial intelligence (AI), and image processing, as well as medical devices, telecommunications, and satellites.
- MPhysPhil (Physics & Philosophy), University of Oxford.
- Chartered Patent Attorney 2013.
- European Patent Attorney 2013.
- Certificate in IP Litigation 2015.
- Registered representative before the Unified Patent Court (UPC) 2023.
- Chartered Institute of Patent Attorneys (CIPA).
- European Patent Institute (epi).
- Institute of Physics (IOP).