I joined the biotechnology team at D Young & Co in 2021. I have a strong background in cell and molecular biology, which I enjoy applying to the commercialisation of a diverse range of innovative biotechnologies.
Since joining the firm I have gained experience in European and UK patent prosecution and opposition, providing strategic advice for a range of clients in the field of biotechnology and therapeutics.
Prior to joining D Young & Co I completed a degree in natural sciences (biological) at the University of Cambridge, and continued there to complete a PhD in cell and molecular biology. My research aimed to provide fundamental understanding of the cellular mechanisms that underpin egg activation and meiosis during the egg-to-embryo transition, through detailed study of the actin cytoskeleton.
- BA (Hons) Natural Sciences (Biological), Selwyn College, University of Cambridge, 2017.
- PhD in Cell and Molecular Biology, Department of Zoology, University of Cambridge, 2021.
- Certificate in Intellectual Property Law, Queen Mary, University of London.
- Student Member of the Chartered Institute of Patent Attorneys (CIPA).
- Student Member of the European Patent Institute (epi).