I joined the patent profession after finishing my degree in physics with maths at the University of Southampton. I enjoy my job because I get to learn about a wide variety of different inventions and meet lots of interesting people.
I specialise in helping my clients obtain patents for electronics and software inventions and enjoy keeping up-to-date in this ever-evolving area of patent law. My technical fields of interest include image processing, telecoms, user interfaces, medical devices, payment systems, e-commerce, blockchain and machine learning (ML) / artificial intelligence (AI).
I have many years’ experience in drafting new patent applications and getting patent applications allowed at the European Patent Office (EPO), UK Intellectual Property Office (UKIPO) and other patent offices around the world. This has included regularly representing clients at Oral Proceedings before the EPO.
In the past I have also been seconded to the busy in-house patents team of a large, international company. This gave me a better understanding of the work in-house patent teams do and how outside counsel can best help meet their needs.
- MPhys Physics with Mathematics, University of Southampton 2011.
- Certificate in Intellectual Property Law, Queen Mary, University of London 2013.
- Certificate in IP litigation.
- European Patent Attorney 2015.
- Chartered Patent Attorney 2019.
- Chartered Institute of Patent Attorneys (CIPA).
- European Patent Institute (epi).