I specialise in helping my clients obtain patents for electronics and software inventions and enjoy keeping up-to-date in this ever-evolving area of patent law. I find my job rewarding because I get to learn about a huge variety of inventions and meet lots of interesting people.
My fields of professional interest include image processing, video games, telecoms, medical devices, payment systems, e-commerce, blockchain and machine learning. I am an expert in navigating the often complex path to obtaining patent protection for computer-implemented inventions at the European Patent Office (EPO), particularly those in the fintech field.
I have many years’ experience in drafting new patent applications and getting patent applications allowed at the EPO, UK Intellectual Property Office (UKIPO) and other patent offices around the world. This has included regularly representing clients at oral proceedings before the EPO.
In the past I have also been seconded to the busy in-house patents team of a large, international company. This gave me a better understanding of the work in-house patent teams do and how outside counsel can best provide assistance.
I also have the privilege of hosting some of the many excellent webinars provided by the Chartered Institute of Patent Attorneys (CIPA). This gives me the opportunity to meet some of the most talented people across our profession and help them share their knowledge and insights with others.
- MPhys Physics with Mathematics, University of Southampton 2011.
- Certificate in Intellectual Property Law, Queen Mary, University of London 2013.
- Certificate in IP litigation.
- European Patent Attorney 2015.
- Chartered Patent Attorney 2019.
- Registered representative before the Unified Patent Court (UPC) 2023.
- Chartered Institute of Patent Attorneys (CIPA).
- European Patent Institute (epi).