I joined the patent profession after finishing my degree in physics at University of Southampton. I enjoy my job because I get to learn about a variety of different inventions and meet interesting people.
I specialise in helping my clients obtain patents for electronics and software inventions and enjoy keeping up-to-date in this ever-evolving area of patent law.
My technical fields of interest include interactive entertainment, image processing, telecoms, user interfaces, medical devices, payment systems, e-commerce, blockchain and machine learning. I have particular expertise in navigating the often complex path to obtaining patent protection for computer-implemented inventions at the European Patent Office (EPO), particularly those in the fintech field.
I have many years’ experience in drafting new patent applications and getting patent applications allowed at the EPO, UK Intellectual Property Office (UKIPO) and other patent offices around the world. This has included regularly representing clients at oral proceedings before the EPO.
In the past I have also been seconded to the busy in-house patents team of a large, international company. This gave me a better understanding of the work in-house patent teams do and how outside counsel can best provide assistance.
- MPhys Physics with Mathematics, University of Southampton 2011.
- Certificate in Intellectual Property Law, Queen Mary, University of London 2013.
- Certificate in IP litigation.
- European Patent Attorney 2015.
- Chartered Patent Attorney 2019.
- Registered representative before the Unified Patent Court (UPC) 2023.
- Chartered Institute of Patent Attorneys (CIPA).
- European Patent Institute (epi).