Technology advances every day. IP law creates constant challenges for businesses seeking to protect their ideas.
We keep abreast of the latest developments in law, science and technology and publish our newsletters each month here. To subscribe to receive our patent and/or trade mark newsletter by mail or email, please use the sign up form below in the footer of this page.
Patent Newsletter No.77 June 2020Download
- G 3/19: plants produced by essentially biological processes are excluded from patentability
- Digital documents and signatures in European patent practice
- Coronavirus: IP offices in Europe – changed practice
- Remote working: we’re EPO VICO ready!
- Please specify me! CJEU tightens the net on SPC eligibility
- Unified Patent Court and unitary patent: end of the road or just another bump?
- Time to be demanding: getting additional value from the PCT patent application procedure
- G 4/19: double patenting at the European Patent Office
- WIPO alert: requests for payment of fees
Trade Mark Newsletter No.111 July 2020Download
- Sky v SkyKick UK High Court decision
- UK High Court has no APPetite for icons that fail to practice “social distancing”
- Reputation and the power of the influencer: Sugar Bear Hair v Beauty Bear
- Damages still available for infringement even where trade mark revoked
- Bad faith grounds for invalidating Chinese characters