I joined the D Young & Co patent team in 2016 and became fully-qualified as both a European and chartered patent attorney in 2021. I have a strong academic background in condensed matter physics.
I have experience in the drafting and prosecution of UK, European and foreign patent applications for a range of technologies in the fields of physics, engineering and IT.
Prior to joining D Young & Co, I completed my PhD at Royal Holloway, University of London. My doctoral research was directed towards understanding the diffusion mechanisms of ions in battery materials using Neutron and X-ray scattering in combination with computational techniques, such as density functional theory molecular dynamics. I have presented my work at international conferences.
- MPhys in Physics, University of Southampton 2012.
- PhD in Physics, Royal Holloway, University of London 2017.
- Certificate in Intellectual Property Law, Queen Mary, University of London.
- Chartered Patent Attorney 2021.
- European Patent Attorney 2021.
- Certificate in IP litigation.
- Chartered Institute of Patent Attorneys (CIPA).
- European Patent Institute (epi).
- Willis, T.J. et al. (2018), Diffusion mechanism in the sodium-ion battery material sodium cobaltate, Scientific Reports 8, 3210.