I joined D Young & Co in 2022. I have a strong background in software and engineering, and am particularly interested in green energy. I enjoy applying this to my role, and getting to know my clients’ business so that I can assist them in obtaining IP protection that helps their business grow.
I worked at another leading IP firm for three years prior to joining D Young & Co, and specialise in software and electronics, particularly in the gaming industry. I work with both SMEs and large multinational businesses.
I have experience in patent drafting and prosecution, as well as intellectual property portfolio management, across a wide range of technical fields in Europe, the US and various other jurisdictions. I also have experience working in technology transfer, managing a large patent portfolio for a globally top-ranked university, and in registered designs.
Prior to entering the patent profession in 2019, I worked as a software engineer. I studied engineering (specialising in information and computer engineering) at the University of Cambridge, and received a distinction for my master’s project on simulation of amorphous silicon solar cell designs.
- BA & MEng in Engineering, University of Cambridge, 2017.
- Certificate in Intellectual Property Law, Queen Mary, University of London, 2021.
- Burrell Prize for highest mark in Designs and Copyright module, Queen Mary, University of London, 2021.
- Student member of the Chartered Institute of Patent Attorneys (CIPA).
- European Patent Institute (epi).
- Pancewicz, S. and Gray, P. (2020) The AI chips race is on – what role will IP play?, eeNews Europe.