I became a member of D Young & Co’s patent team in 2017, joining directly from University. I have a particular passion for my work here as it is the only profession which allows me to pursue my scientific curiosity, love of language and desire to develop a career in business at the same time.
Since joining the firm, I have gained extensive, well-rounded experience in prosecution, formalities and contentious matters, while handling a wide range of developing technologies in the life sciences sector. I particularly enjoy and specialise in EPO opposition work. The technical fields which I am most at home with are biochemistry, biotechnology and immunology; specifically, I have handled a plethora of cases pertaining to vaccines, diagnostics and animal health.
- BSc in Biochemistry, University of Southampton.
- Certificate in Intellectual Property Law, Queen Mary, University of London.
- Patent Attorney 2022.
- European Patent Attorney 2022.
- Certificate in IP litigation.
- Chartered Institute of Patent Attorneys (CIPA).