I joined the patent team at D Young & Co in October 2021 and am particularly interested in the fields of mechanical engineering and bioengineering. I enjoy applying my technical background in physics and engineering to my role.
After completing a bachelor’s degree in physics, I wanted to expand my knowledge into other areas, leading me to undertake a masters in mechanical engineering. My degrees have given me a strong technical background in a range of areas across physics and engineering, allowing me to work with a wide variety of inventions.
Since joining the firm, I have gained experience in the prosecution of UK and European patent applications. My work covers a wide range of electrical and mechanical technologies.
- MSc Mechanical Engineering, University of Exeter, 2021.
- BSc (Hons) Physics with Astrophysics, University of Exeter, 2020.
- Certificate in Intellectual Property Law, Queen Mary, University of London.
- Chartered Institute of Patent Attorneys (CIPA).
- Student member of the European Patent Institute (epi).