One of the most exciting things about my role is having the opportunity to work with people and businesses that are at the forefront of technological and marketing innovation from all over the world. It’s also great to be part of a team that really understands IP and its importance to our clients.
Before joining D Young & Co as a partner in 2011, I was a partner in two leading solicitor firms based in London (1984-93 and 1993-2010) and also worked in Hong Kong for two years. When I arrived at D Young & Co, I helped to establish the firm's litigation practice.
Over the years, I’ve represented (and continue to represent) a number of household names in commercial advice and litigation, both in the High Court and internationally, in trade mark, design right, copyright and patent cases. I’ve also acted in several ICC and LCIA arbitrations involving complex legal and technical issues. On top of all this, I’m an accredited mediator and have been involved in many cases, both as a mediator and as a client’s solicitor.
- MA in Law, Gonville and Caius College, University of Cambridge, Scholar 1977.
- Chartered Trade Mark Attorney 1990.
- International Trade Mark Association Mediator.
- Solicitor of the Senior Courts of England and Wales 1979.
- Higher Courts (Civil Advocacy) Qualified 2003.
- Chartered Institute of Patent Attorneys (CIPA).
- Chartered Institute of Trade Mark Attorneys (CITMA).
- International Trade Mark Association (INTA).
- Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (CIArb).
- Law Society of England and Wales.
- City of London Society IP Committee.
- Intellectual Property Lawyers’ Association.
- International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (AIPPI).