Seven D Young & Co partners now committed to the IP Inclusive Leaders’ Pledge
The IP Inclusive Leaders’ Pledge is a commitment entered into by individuals rather than organisations. Intended for signature by those in senior, decision-making roles, it includes a promise to work alongside more junior colleagues to effect positive change.
D Young & Co now has seven partners signed up to the pledge, demonstrating their commitment to the provision of visible and active leadership on improving diversity and inclusion (D&I) in the firm. Partners who have signed the Leaders’ Pledge are:
- Anna Reid (Partner, Solicitor): Anna’s pledge.
- Antony Latham (Partner, Patent Attorney): Antony’s pledge.
- Catherine Keetch (Partner, Patent Attorney): Catherine’s pledge.
- Connor McConchie (Partner, Patent Attorney): Connor’s pledge.
- Jennifer O’Farrell (Partner, Patent Attorney): Jennifer’s pledge.
- Jeremy Pennant (Partner, Trade Mark Attorney): Jeremy’s pledge.
- Zöe Clyde-Watson (Partner, Patent Attorney), who signed the pledge when it was launched in July 2021: Zoe’s pledge.
The Leaders’ Pledge consists of eight high-level commitments:
- Provide visible and proactive leadership to improve D&I in the organisation.
- Take D&I seriously at the highest level.
- Embed and value D&I throughout the organisational culture.
- Build trust and safe spaces throughout the organisation.
- Educate themselves and their colleagues about D&I issues.
- Share their privileges.
- Insist on equity.
- Work closely with HR and/or management colleagues to achieve this.
Our signatories have also set out practical steps they will take to fulfil their pledge and demonstrate that D&I will be championed at the highest levels.
You can view each partners’ individual pledge by selecting the link next to their name above.