I have a strong technical background in physics and a keen interest in business, both of which I enjoy applying in my role.
Before joining D Young & Co, I completed a Master’s degree in Physics and Particle Physics at the University of Southampton, where I was awarded the School of Physics and Astronomy prizes for best overall performance and best master’s project. My final year was spent working in a research group at the Large Hadron Collider at CERN in Geneva, Switzerland, which gave me exposure to cutting-edge physics, engineering and computing techniques. My time at CERN was focussed on improving the performance of energy reconstruction in the CMS Electromagnetic Calorimeter for LHC Run 3.
I have experience in patent drafting and the prosecution of UK, European and foreign patent applications for a variety of clients, including multinational corporations, SMEs and academic institutions. My work covers a broad range of electrical and mechanical technologies but I particularly enjoy the challenge of computer-implemented inventions and excluded subject-matter areas.
- MPhys in Physics and Particle Physics, University of Southampton.
- Certificate in Intellectual Property Law, Queen Mary, University of London, 2021.
- European Patent Attorney, 2023.
- Chartered Patent Attorney, 2023.
- Charted Institute of Patent Attorneys (CIPA).
- European Patent Institute (epi).