I joined D Young & Co in 2016 having completed my PhD in Physics at Cardiff University; I became fully qualified as a chartered patent attorney in 2021. I have a strong technical background in the fields of physics, engineering and IT.
I am experienced in the drafting and prosecution of UK, European and foreign patent applications for a wide range of technologies. My specialist areas of work include image and signal processing, medical devices, mechanical systems and electronics.
My academic career focused on observational astrophysics, which comprised the processing and analysis of data from a range of detectors covering ultraviolet to radio wavelengths. During my PhD, I presented my work at both national and international conferences, and gained experience working at a large scale radio interferometer.
- MPhys in Physics with Astronomy, Cardiff University 2013.
- PhD in Physics and Astronomy, Cardiff University 2016.
- Certificate in Intellectual Property Law, Queen Mary, University of London.
- Chartered Patent Attorney 2021.
- Chartered Institute of Patent Attorneys (CIPA).