I am an experienced IP lawyer specialising in advising on the creation, exploitation and enforcement of intellectual property rights, both in the UK and internationally. I enjoy working with exciting and innovative businesses and brands, and I pride myself on my ability to provide sensible commercial advice.
I joined D Young & Co in 2023 having spent more than seven years at a leading city firm, as a trainee and associate. My practice is broad but in particular I have experience advising businesses on how best to protect their brands, as well as in the enforcement of those brand rights and the resolution of any related disputes. I have worked with clients across a broad range of industries including fashion, retail, food & drink, sports, leisure, publishing, pharmaceuticals, entertainment and technology.
I have advised in relation to matters before the UK courts, as well as contentious registry proceedings before the UKIPO and EUIPO (both ex parte and inter partes). I also have experience of coordinating international protection and enforcement strategies on behalf of clients, as well as negotiating and advising on complex (often cross border) settlement and co-existence arrangements.
Aside from my brand protection experience, I also enjoy acting for clients on disputes relating to contractual matters, copyright, design rights, domain names, advertising and patents.
- Managing IP IPSTARS trade mark Rising Star 2022.
- BA (Hons), Economics, University of Manchester, 2010.
- Graduate Diploma in Law, College of Law, Birmingham, 2011.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice, BPP University, Holborn, 2015.
- Solicitor of Senior Courts of England and Wales, 2017.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Intellectual Property Law and Practice, University of Oxford, 2019.
- Law Society of England and Wales.
- Chartered Institute of Trade Mark Attorneys (CITMA), allied member.
- European Communities Trade Mark Association (ECTA).