I joined D Young & Co in 2005 and became a partner in 2011. Whatever the project, I enjoy helping clients protect their ideas and turning an in-depth discussion on how their invention works into a detailed, legally sound definition of what it actually is.
I have a background in physics and electronics, and have developed particular experience in microprocessor technologies. Before I joined D Young & Co, I was a post-doctoral research associate based at the Deutsches Elektronen-Synchrotron (DESY), in Hamburg, Germany, where my research included searches for exotic particle production in positron-proton and electron-proton collisions. I greatly enjoyed collaborating with a dynamic international group of scientists.
Today I’m particularly active in processor design, various computer-implemented technologies, artificial intelligence (AI), digital electronics, consumer devices and services, medical devices and industrial control devices. My clients range from individuals to global multinationals, and I frequently travel to visit them – mainly to the USA and the Far East.
- MPhys in Physics, University of Manchester, including a year at the RWTH, Aachen, Germany.
- PhD in High Energy Physics, University of Manchester, based at DESY in Hamburg, Germany.
- Certificate in Intellectual Property Law (with distinction), Queen Mary, University of London.
- Chartered Patent Attorney 2009.
- European Patent Attorney 2009.
- Chartered Institute of Patent Attorneys (CIPA).
- European Patent Institute (epi).
- International Liaison Committee of the Chartered Institute of Patent Attorneys (CIPA).
- Software Related Inventions Committee of the American Intellectual Property Owners Association (IPO).