I joined the patents team at D Young & Co in 2020, and have a strong background in engineering and technology and a keen interest in many aspects of the law. I enjoy combining both of these sectors in my role every day.
Before joining D Young and Co, I completed a Master’s degree in aeronautical engineering at the University of Glasgow. I then transitioned to law after completing a Graduate Diploma in Law and a Master’s in professional legal practice, specialising in intellectual property and commercial law.
Since joining the firm, I gained experience working on a wide variety of cases, including microprocessor architecture, image processing, and nuclear reactor systems. I enjoy learning about new technologies, and applying my legal knowledge to my technical understanding with the various inventions that I work on.
- MEng in Aeronautical Engineering, University of Glasgow, 2017.
- Graduate Diploma in Law, University of Law, 2019.
- LL.M in Professional Legal Practice, University of Law, 2020.
- Certificate in Intellectual Property Law, Queen Mary, University of London.
- Student member of the Chartered Institute of Patent Attorneys (CIPA).
- Student member of the European Patent Institute (epi).