I joined the biotechnology, chemistry and pharmaceutical team at D Young & Co in 2022. My background is primarily in chemistry and biochemistry, with specific experience in synthetic organic chemistry and bioavailability of natural products.
Since joining the firm in February 2022 I have worked with a diverse range of clients, from small start-ups to multinational enterprises, across a variety of areas of patent law including drafting, prosecution and opposition. This work has spanned a range of technical fields in chemistry and biochemistry, including lubricants, medical devices, pharmaceuticals, peptides, and small molecules.
I completed my undergraduate studies in Australia, at the University of Queensland, obtaining a Bachelor of Science, majoring in chemistry and biochemistry, with additional study in biology and genetics. I also achieved a Bachelor of Laws from the University of Queensland. More recently I have completed a PhD in chemistry at the University of Cambridge, where my research focussed on the total synthesis of a potent bioactive molecule from a marine sponge.
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of Queensland, 2015.
- Bachelor of Laws, University of Queensland, 2015.
- Honours in Science in Chemistry, University of Queensland, 2016.
- Doctor of Philosophy in Chemistry, University of Cambridge, 2022.
- Certificate in Intellectual Property Law, Queen Mary, University of London.
- Student member of the Institute of Patent Attorneys (CIPA).
- Student member of the European Patent Institute (epi).
- Member of the Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC).
- Member of the Royal Australian Chemical Institute (RACI).
- Stockdale, T. P., & Williams, C., Pharmaceuticals that Contain Polycyclic Hydrocarbon Scaffolds, Chemical Society Reviews, (2015), 44, https://doi.org/10.1039/C4CS00477A.
- Stockdale, T. P., Challinor, V., Lehmann, R., de Voss, J. & Blanchfield, J., Caco-2 Monolayer Permeability and Stability of Chamaelirium luteum (False Unicorn) Open-Chain Steroidal Saponins, ACS Omega, (2019), 4, 7658-7666, https://doi.org/10.1021/acsomega.9b00496.
- Stockdale, T. P., Lam, N., Anketell, M., & Paterson, I., The Stereocontrolled Total Synthesis of Polyketide Natural Products: A Thirty-Year Journey, Bulletin of the Chemical Society of Japan, (2020), 94, https://doi.org/10.1246/bcsj.20200309.
- Lam, N., Stockdale, T. P., Anketell, M., & Paterson, I., Conquering peaks and illuminating depths: developing stereocontrolled organic reactions to unlock nature’s macrolide treasure trove, Chemical Communications, (2021), 57, https://doi.org/10.1039/D1CC00442E.
- Stockdale, T.P., Towards the Structural Elucidation and Total Synthesis of Hemicalide: Assignment of the C29-C46 Region, (2022), https://doi.org/10.17863/CAM.87293.
- Stockdale, T. P., Lam, N., & Paterson, I., A synthesis-enabled relative configurational assignment of the C31–C46 region of hemicalide, Chemical Communications, (2022), 38, 5729-5732, https://doi.org/10.1039/D2CC01802K.