I have been practising contentious IP for over 20 years. Many of my clients see me as a trusted advisor and an extension to their in-house teams, which is a great honour.
After practising as a barrister for five years at a specialist IP chambers, I qualified as a solicitor and joined a leading City firm. I joined D Young & Co in 2011 to establish the firm’s litigation practice together with Ian Starr. It’s great to be part of a team of IP professionals that has the breadth and depth of expertise to service all our clients’ IP needs.
My practice is extremely varied. I’ve acted for UK and international clients in sectors such as publishing, entertainment, leisure, luxury goods, IT and finance – to name but a few. The result is a wealth of experience dealing with enforcement and infringement of trade marks, design rights, copyright, domain names, database rights, trade secrets and confidential information. My expertise also extends to licensing disputes, matters involving ex-employees and anti-counterfeiting work.
- 2022 Best Lawyer in the United Kingdom.
- Featured as a leading IP lawyer in the WIPR Leaders 2022.
- Listed in the WIPR Influential Women in IP 2021.
- Featured in the Managing IP 2022 "Top 250 Women in IP".
- Ranked as an IPSTAR 2022.
- Ranked as a "silver" expert for trade mark enforcement and litigation in the World Trademark Review 1000 (WTR 1000) 2023.
- BA (Hons) in Metallurgy and Science of Materials, Trinity College, University of Oxford 1993. MA awarded 1996.
- Called to the Bar of England and Wales (Middle Temple Scholarship) 1995.
- Solicitor of the Senior Courts of England and Wales 2002.
- Higher Courts (Civil Advocacy) Qualified 2002.
- Admitted as a solicitor, Ireland 2016.
- Law Society of England and Wales.
- Law Society of Ireland.
- International Trade Mark Association (INTA).
- International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (AIPPI).
- MARQUES Association.