I joined the biotechnology, chemistry and pharmaceutical team at D Young & Co in 2022. My background is primarily in molecular biology and biochemistry, with experience in immunology and immunotherapy.
Since joining the firm, I have been introduced to a range of areas of patent law, including drafting, prosecution and opposition. This has covered a diverse range of clients and fields of bioscience, and I’ve carried out work on gene editing, vaccines, immunotherapies and many more, for small start-ups through to large multinational corporations.
I completed my undergraduate studies in Natural Sciences in Cambridge, before undertaking a PhD in Biochemistry at Imperial College London. My research focused on the mechanism of DNA replication initiation, utilising engineered protein constructs in combination with mass spectrometry and genomic techniques. I also spent time in the clinical trials space prior to my PhD working on projects related to cancer immunotherapy data.
- BA Natural Sciences (Biochemistry), University of Cambridge, 2016.
- MSci Natural Sciences (Biochemistry), University of Cambridge, 2017.
- PhD in Biochemistry (Investigating the Molecular Mechanisms of DNA Replication Initiation), Imperial College London, 2022.
- Certificate in Intellectual Property Law, Queen Mary, University of London.
- Student member of the Chartered Institute of Patent Attorneys (CIPA).