Applications for our 2024 internship are now open.
Every year we offer a patent internship programme with our electronics, engineering and IT team. Our internship will give you a practical insight into life as a patent attorney, the opportunity to get to know us better, and will help you find out if this is the right job for you.
Like those who have successfully attended our internship in previous years, you may subsequently receive an offer to join us as a trainee patent attorney.
Student and graduate internships
At the heart of our business are our people who, having chosen to work in the IP industry, individually and collectively provide the very best service to our clients.
If, having considered the challenges and opportunities of intellectual property law, you believe it is where your future genuinely lies, then the our internship programme may be the next step towards your career as a patent attorney.
Our internship programme is structured in two parts: an initial three-day Easter internship, followed by an extended period of intern work with us during the summer for a smaller number of the most successful participants.
- Each year our electronics, engineering and IT team looks for a number of enthusiastic and focused STEM degree undergraduate and post graduate students to join us for three days during the Easter break.
- Following this we hope to be able to offer a small number of the very best candidates a further opportunity to gain greater insight and involvement over the summer.
At the end of the summer, we assess whether we are able to offer trainee patent attorney positions to the interns who have demonstrated the qualities needed to be a successful attorney at the very pinnacle of the industry.
What you will enjoy
- Gaining invaluable experience and knowledge of what could be your future IP career.
- Obtaining real insight into intellectual property law by working with team members at various stages in their careers, including partners.
- A structured and varied programme including seminars, work shadowing, case analysis and meetings.
- Understanding the career advantages that you will have within our firm.
- Social events and activities.
What you will need
- To be a motivated electronics, engineering, physics or computer science undergraduate or post graduate in your second year of university or above.
- A desire to gain a real perspective of what life as a patent attorney involves.
- To want to use your technical ability in offering the very best service to clients.
See our application page for further details.Read more