I joined D Young & Co as a technical assistant in 2016 and have a strong interest in the fields of physics, engineering and IT.
Since joining the firm I have gained experience in the drafting and prosecution of UK, European and foreign patent applications for a variety of clients.
My academic career focused on experimental nuclear physics, with particular expertise in front-end electronics and semiconductor radiation detectors. I completed my PhD (Development of a silicon tracker and front-end electronics for R3B) at the University of Liverpool, where my research focused on developing charged particle tracking detectors and application specific integrated circuits (ASICs).
During my PhD I was awarded funding to conduct research at the recently constructed Radioactive Isotope Beam Factory (RIBF), RIKEN Nishina Center for Accelerator-Based Science, Japan.
- MPhys in Physics, University of Liverpool 2012.
- PhD in Physics, University of Liverpool 2016.
- Certificate in Intellectual Property Law, Queen Mary, University of London.
- Student Member of the Chartered Institute of Patent Attorneys (CIPA).
- European Patent Institute (epi).