My clients face a huge range of IP issues, which means every day brings something fresh and exciting. Whatever the challenge, here at D Young & Co we’re able to combine our extensive expertise and provide a truly business-focused IP solution.
When foreign clients apply for pan-European design protection, I advise them on how to improve their applications. I base my advice on previous applications in their home countries, as well as my own experience.
I mainly work for US and Japanese companies, either directly or on an agency basis through IP firms in their home countries. While I handle the full spectrum of subject matter in the mechanical field, I particularly enjoy focusing on automotive and aerospace technologies. I represent a range of UK companies, handling the drafting of new patent applications as well as their filing and prosecution in the UK and abroad.
- MA in Engineering Science, Clare College, University of Cambridge.
- Chartered Patent Attorney 1988.
- European Patent Attorney 1989.
- European Design Attorney.
- Chartered Institute of Patent Attorneys (CIPA).
- European Patent Institute (epi).