I have been a partner at D Young & Co since 1997, and first represented clients before the European Patent Office (EPO) in 1991. I enjoy building long-term relationships with clients and helping them achieve their goals.
I am a highly experienced patent attorney working across both the chemical and biological sectors. I specialise in biotherapeutics, specialty chemicals, nutritional products and veterinary products, plus a range of related technologies. I have a thriving prosecution practice as well as a substantial EPO opposition and appeal portfolio.
Before joining D Young & Co, I gained valuable in-house patent experience at Zeneca Agrochemicals, where I was responsible for their bioscience and insecticide divisions. This role, combined with my subsequent work acting for major international organisations, has enabled me to develop a highly focused, commercial approach.
I also advise emerging companies and academic institutions on how to build value through their IP portfolio. This has often involved IP due diligence for mergers, project acquisitions and flotations.
- BSc in Chemistry, University of Birmingham.
- European Patent Attorney 1991.
- Chartered Patent Attorney 1991.
- European Design Attorney.
- Chartered Institute of Patent Attorneys (CIPA).
- CIPA Patents Committee.
- European Patent Institute (epi).
- European Patent Litigators Association (EPLIT).
- Contributor to Chartered Institute of Patent Attorney’s European Patents Handbook.