I joined D Young & Co in 2006 and became partner in 2009. I lead the firm’s mechanical patent practice in London. For me, there’s nothing like working with talented scientists and engineers and representing companies at the forefront of technology.
Before joining D Young & Co, I worked in private practice in Germany and the UK. I also gained experience in the energy industry and IT consulting in both Europe and the US. This background enables me to represent clients across a variety of technologies – from telecommunications and medical devices to the oil industry and automotive/aerospace engineering.
I represent clients before the European Patent Office’s Examining and Opposition Divisions and also before the Boards of Appeal. In the UK, I act before the United Kingdom Intellectual Property Office in both ex-parte and inter-partes proceedings. I am involved in contentious matters in patents and designs and I’m qualified to represent clients in the Higher Courts as a patent attorney litigator.
- MEng in Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering, (First Class), University of Birmingham.
- Royal Academy of Engineering Scholar.
- Certificate in Intellectual Property Law, Queen Mary College, University of London.
- Post Graduate Certificate in Intellectual Property Litigation (with commendation), Nottingham Law School.
- LLM Intellectual Property Litigation (with distinction), Nottingham Law School.
- Patent Attorney Litigator.
- European Patent Attorney.
- Chartered Patent Attorney.
- European Design Attorney.
- Chartered Institute of Patent Attorneys (CIPA).
- European Patent Institute (epi).
- Member of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE).
- Licensing Executives Society (LES) Scandinavia.