I joined D Young & Co as a Technical Assistant in 2021 after completing a Masters in Natural Sciences (Maths and Physics) at Durham University.
My academic background covers a wide range of the overlap between Maths and Physics, and in my final year at university I undertook a research project into instantons and their properties in different numbers of dimensions. However, it is learning new concepts and working out how best to protect them for our clients that I really enjoy.
Since joining the firm, I have gained experience in drafting and prosecuting patent applications for a wide range of technologies in Europe. I have worked across a spread of patent areas, with a particular focus on telecommunications, electronics and image/video processing.
- MSci Natural Sciences (Mathematics and Physics), Durham University.
- Certificate in Intellectual Property Law, Queen Mary, University of London.
- Student member of the Chartered Institute of Patent Attorneys (CIPA).
- Student member of the European Patent Institute (epi).
- Institution of Engineering and Technology.