With a background in physics and philosophy of science, I combine technical knowledge with a passion for communication. I love hearing clients’ success stories, particularly when we’ve helped write them.
At university I focused on thermal and statistical physics as well as condensed matter physics, which gave me a strong technical foundation for my career. I spent several years at another leading IP firm, before joining D Young & Co in 2015.
My work spans the fields of physics, engineering and computing, with a particular focus on the mechanical and electrical fields, including aeronautical and automotive engineering.
My practice involves prosecuting patent applications worldwide, as well as advising on matters of infringement and validity. Although my skillset is broad, I’m particularly experienced in drafting patent applications. I’m also on D Young & Co’s designs team.
- BSc Physics & Logic & Philosophy of Science, University of St Andrews 2010.
- Certificate in Intellectual Property Law, Queen Mary, University of London 2013.
- Certificate in IP Litigation 2015.
- Chartered Patent Attorney 2015.
- European Patent Attorney 2015.
- Chartered Institute of Patent Attorneys (CIPA).
- European Patent Institute (epi).