I joined the D Young & Co team in 2016, after more than five years in private practice. Nothing beats seeing positive outcomes for my clients – whether that’s a successful product launch, or reaching a favourable settlement.
My practice covers all aspects of trade mark filing and prosecution, including clearance searching programmes, international filing strategy, assignment projects and portfolio management. I regularly provide registrability advice and draft written arguments in response to official objections.
I also advise on contentious matters before the EU and UK trade mark offices. I’m experienced in conducting opposition and cancellation proceedings before both of these Registries. I have extensive experience of managing large-scale evidence exercises, covering acquired distinctiveness, proof of use, and reputation at UK and Europe-wide levels.
The sectors I work in are refreshingly diverse and include pharmaceuticals and medical devices, energy, fashion and retail, food and beverage, FMCG, media and entertainment.
My client list ranges from UK companies, start-ups and university spin-outs to multi-national corporations. I greatly appreciate being able to draw on the vast pool of experience within the D Young & Co team to deliver the best possible results for my clients.
- LLB Law, University of Edinburgh.
- Diploma in Legal Practice, University of Edinburgh.
- Certificate in Trade Mark Law & Practice, Queen Mary, University of London.
- Director's Prize for Excellence, Queen Mary, University of London.
- Professional Certificate in Trade Mark Law, Nottingham Trent University.
- Chartered Trade Mark Attorney.
- European Trade Mark Attorney.
- European Design Attorney.
- Chartered Institute of Trade Mark Attorneys (CITMA).
- International Trade Mark Association (INTA).