I’ve been a certified IP practitioner since 2011 and find the varied nature of my work hugely rewarding – in particular, helping clients successfully launch new products, and protect the ones they already have.
I am a German qualified lawyer and before joining D Young & Co, I worked as a lawyer at a Munich IP law firm. Over the years, I’ve worked in almost every field of IP law, from patent infringement cases to contentious trademark and unfair competition proceedings.
I’ve been involved in proceedings before the German Patent and Trade Mark Office (DPMA) as well as the European Union Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO).
I also advise clients on non-contentious legal matters. For example, I drafted licence agreements, prior rights and coexistence agreements as well as technology transfer and distribution agreements. I’ve also worked on matters involving employee inventions.
- Erste Juristische Staatsprüfung [LLB equivalent] 2002.
- Zweite Juristische Staatsprüfung [Bar-Exam equivalent] 2004.
- Admission to the Munich Bar as Rechtsanwältin 2007.
- Admission as certified IP Practitioner [Fachanwältin für gewerblichen Rechtsschutz] at the Munich Bar 2011.
- Master of Laws (LLM), University of Sydney 2011.
- German Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (GRUR).